19 January 2009

Feet of my heart's desire

Feet of my heart's desire
Unknown author

Friday Night
------------

"Happy birthday!"

I awoke with a start. Looking around, I realized I was still sitting on Jason's
couch. The last thing I remembered was sitting here drinking a beer and
talking. I must have dozed off. Strange.

"Oh, uh... thanks man."

"You're quite welcome. How do you like what I got you?"

Jason pointed at my feet, and I tilted my head down to focus on them. I was
wearing a rather large pair of Nikes, a pair I wasn't wearing before. He must
have put them on me while I was snoozing.

"Dude those are really cool! Where did you get them?"

"Oh, I found them on the Internet. They're size 18." He took a swallow of his
beer and leaned back, flashing a Cheshire grin. "But I figured you'd be more
interested in your feet than those shoes. Wiggle your toes."

"Huh?"

Oh well. I propped my feet up on my heels and wiggled my toes. My feet felt
kind of strange, like they were a little heavier, and just a little more
awkward. As I wiggled my toes, I noticed that they felt strange too, like they
were disconnected somehow, or that they really didn't belong to my feet.

Then I noticed something even stranger--my toes were wiggling at the ends of
the shoes, instead of back an inch and a half or so like they should in shoes
four sizes too big. And I thought I could feel just a hint of the ends of the
shoes with my toes. How could that be?

"I hope you like your new feet," Jason said. "I know you've always wanted your
feet to be bigger. I figured the shoes would be a cool present, but I wanted to
give you something more than just a pair of big shoes you couldn't really
wear."

I stared at him in disbelief. I knew he was into magic and stuff, but I had no
idea he could do something like this.

"Dude! How the hell did you do this? Is it permanent? This is so cool!"

Jason smiled.

"I'm glad you like them. Yes, it's permanent. A few weeks ago I happened across
a really cool potion that makes a guy's feet grow. The potion has different
variations to make feet grow different amounts and at different rates, and one
variation makes them grow to whatever size the guy would like them to be, his
'heart's desire.'

"I wasn't sure what size you wanted, but a spell of divining told me 18. So I
ordered a pair of shoes that size and mixed up a batch of the 'heart's desire'
variety.

"Earlier tonight I put the potion in your beer, and when you passed out during
the growth phase, I put the shoes on your feet. So tell me... how does it feel
to be a guy with really big feet now?"

I stood up on my new big feet and walked around the room. They certainly felt
bigger and sturdier, but not really all that clumsy. Just very masculine and
strong and sexy. I had walked around the house before with shoes this size--or
bigger--on my feet, but now that my feet filled them up without any help from
extra socks or sock liners, they looked and felt incredible.

"Oh man, they're awesome!! How can I ever thank you? This is the best present
you could've given me!"

Jason stood, and I walked over and hugged him. I stepped on his foot even
though I was trying hard not to. It was going to take a little getting used to
how much space these new feet of mine took up.

"Come on, let's go to the mall. I wanna show off these new feet and see the
expressions on peoples' faces when they see them!" I had always wanted to
experience that, and now I would get to.

As expected, my new feet got quite a few looks. I really enjoyed the attention,
especially when a couple of hot, well-built jocks came up in the sports shop
and asked me what size shoes I wear.

"Eighteen," I said.

"Wow! They're huge! How did you get such big feet for a guy your height?"

"Just lucky I guess."

The taller guy--maybe 6'3" or 6'4"--put his left foot next to my right. He was
wearing a really cool pair of Nike trainers that looked to be size 13s or 14s.
They looked really good on him, but next to my feet his looked small,
especially for his height.

"Man, those are some cool shoes," he said. "And big too."

He stared at my feet for a few seconds longer.

"Those are some big damn feet. You _are_ a lucky guy."

"Thanks man."

I wouldn't be considering myself lucky for very long, however.

The Weekend
-----------

Over the next couple days I really enjoyed showing off my new feet in public
every chance I got. I made sure my feet were in plain sight whenever possible.
In restaurants I would hang a leg out in the aisle so at least one foot wasn't
hidden under the table. At the hockey game I bought seats in a row right on the
walkway so I could extend my legs out into the aisle, just to be sure all the
passers-by got a good look at my feet. And of course it helped that the shoes
Jason bought me were bright red and white.

A couple days after Jason gave me my new feet, I started noticing that the
shoes were feeling a little snug. I really thought they fit pretty well that
first Friday night when Jason made my feet grow, but maybe in the excitement I
just didn't notice that they were a little too snug. Oh well, I had plenty of
bigger shoes in my closet--all the way up to size 22.

I found a pair of 19s in my collection and put them on, but they felt a little
snug too, so I fished around for a pair of 20s. Yeah, those felt perfect. I
wonder if Jason had overshot the intended size a little. Oh well, no problem.
The bigger, the better I thought.

It was Sunday, and I had to get back to the real world and deal with the
real-world problems that having oversized feet can cause. I was supposed to be
back at work the next day, but I didn't have any suitable shoes big enough to
wear to work. I browsed shoe stores on the Internet for a pair of work shoes
and eventually ordered a pair. I should have them by Tuesday.

In the meantime, I found another pair of 20s in my collection that were black
low-top Nikes. I could wear those to work for a couple days until I got some
dressy shoes big enough for my feet. The people in the office would just have
to get over it for a couple days. After all, how often does a guy's feet grow
seven sizes--more than two inches--over a weekend?

Monday
------

The next day at work, I sure had a lot of explaining to do. One by one my
co-workers would come up and ask me about the huge shoes I was wearing. I told
them that when I woke up Saturday morning my feet wouldn't fit in my shoes, and
that on Sunday I borrowed a pair of shoes from a nephew of mine who's 6'9".
Most of them asked me to wiggle my toes so they could see that my feet actually
reached all the way to the ends of the shoes.

Eventually word spread throughout the office about my amazing overnight foot
growth, and I had people stopping by my cubicle whom I didn't know or even
recognize. They all had to see for themselves my toe-wiggling demonstration and
put they child-like feet next to mine. By the end of the day my feet were
already a legend. People just couldn't believe that my feet filled up these
massive shoes.

In fact, by the end of the day the issue for me became whether the shoes were
too _small_ for my feet. They were feeling a little snug in the afternoon, and
when I got home I took them off and, out of curiosity, went hunting for the
original 18s that Jason had given me. Surely my feet weren't still growing; he
hadn't said anything about that.

I found the 18s and put my feet in them. Yep, just as I suspected, they were
painfully tight. There was no way they felt this small on Friday night. My feet
_were_ growing! I had to talk to Jason.

I called his number and got his voice mail, as usual. I told him to call me as
soon as possible because my feet were still growing. I wanted to know how big
they were going to get.

I went searching for a bigger pair of shoes and found a pair of black 22s that
I could wear to work the next day. I also called up the shoe store where I
ordered the 20s. They said my order had already been shipped. Damn! And there
was no use in my ordering more shoes; I didn't know what size my feet would
stop growing at. Or even if they would stop at all. And anyway, after another
day of growth, I would be beyond the biggest sizes that the shoe companies made
without special orders.

Tuesday
-------

Tuesday at work, no one noticed that the shoes I was wearing were two sizes
bigger than what I had worn the day before, and I didn't say anything about it
either. What would I tell them if my feet kept getting bigger? How would I ever
have any shoes that fit?

That night I could tell that my feet would be too big for the 22s by the next
morning. It looked like my feet were growing pretty close to a size a day. But
when would they stop? Would they ever stop? What kind of potion had Jason given
me for my feet?

Just then the phone rang. It was Jason.

"Dude, my feet are still growing! They've just about outgrown my 22s. By
tomorrow I won't have any shoes that fit my feet. What did you do to them?"

"I don't know man," Jason said. "They weren't supposed to keep growing. Why
don't you come over here? In the meantime I'll try to figure out what's going
on."

I jumped in the car and headed to Jason's apartment. What if he couldn't stop
the growth? How long would it be before my feet were too big for me to drive a
car? Would they get too big for me to walk? For the first time, I wondered what
the hell I had been thinking all those years, wanting huge feet. What kind of
life would I have with feet too big to walk? Would my feet grow bigger than my
height? Oh my God! I'll be a circus freak.

Jason had lots of reference texts spread out on the floor, many with strange
writing.

"Okay, here's the story," he began. "After I found the formula for the potion,
I cast a spell of divining to find out what size feet you'd like to have.
Specifically, I wanted to know the size of your heart's desire. The answer I
got was, '18.' So I don't know why your feet are still growing."

I sat silently for a few seconds, staring down at the ponderous shoes on my
feet, which I would soon outgrow. I really loved having size 22 feet. Why would
the answer have been '18,' when clearly I enjoyed the current size of my feet
even more? Hmm, wait a minute.

"Jason, you said my heart's desire is 18, right?"

"Yeah, that's the answer I got."

"Okay, but was the answer 'size 18', or just '18'?"

"It was just '18'. What else would that mean but size 18?"

Damn. I was right. "Um, I think it means 18 inches. I've fantasized about that
before, and I've told people online that I wondered what it would be like to
have 18-inch feet."

Jason looked at me intently.

"Oh man, I'm really sorry dude. The potion was to make your feet grow to the
size of your heart's desire. I had no idea that was 18 inches. If I had known,
I never would've done it that way."

"No, that's okay. It's not your fault. You meant well. But now what am I going
to do? At this growth rate, it'll be a couple more weeks before my feet stop
growing. It's gonna cost me a fortune to have shoes made for them, but I can't
do that until they stop. What am I supposed to do, go barefoot for a couple
weeks? Stay out of work?"

I stared at my shoes. My feet had already grown three inches in the last four
days. I took my shoes off and looked at my feet. Damn they were awesome. Long
and wide and heavy and very sexy. My big toe was probably four inches long now.
It felt incredible to walk around with such big feet. And the attention was
awesome. But they had only grown half of what they were destined to. If we were
right, that is.

I stared at them a while, trying to imagine what they would look like three
inches longer and another inch or so wider. What would they feel like? Would I
be able to walk without constantly stumbling on my feet? Would I be able to run
at all? What kind of car could I drive with feet half a yard long? Well, I
guess I would know in a couple weeks.

I finally looked up.

"Hey Jason. Is there any way you could speed up the growth, so that I don't
have to wait so long before they're at their permanent size? I need to go ahead
and get some shoes ordered and get back a regular routine. Well, as much of a
regular routine as I can with such freaky huge feet."

"Hmm, I don't know. Probably not, but I can do some research and let you
know."

Later that night, after I had returned home, Jason called.

"I hope you have good news for me Jason."

"Well, kind of. I think it's possible to get them to grow faster, but there's a
catch. They'll probably end up bigger than if we just leave them alone and let
them reach 18 inches in their own time."

"Really? How much bigger?"

Jason paused, then exhaled rather loudly.

"I don't know. It doesn't say. All it says is that rushing the growth could
make them even bigger."

"I don't care. They're already going to be freaky huge as it is. What's a
couple more sizes compared to the 19 sizes they'll end up growing? Besides, I
can't wait another week and a half for this to be over."

"Okay, it's up to you."

"Can you do this tonight?"

"No, I need to get some things. How about coming over tomorrow night and we'll
do it then?"

"Okay."

Wednesday
---------

The next day at work the 22s were noticeably more snug. They didn't really hurt
my feet yet, but they were uncomfortable. A couple co-workers noticed that I
was walking around rather gingerly and asked about it.

"Yes, my feet are still growing. These shoes are size 22, not 20 like the ones
I wore Monday. And they're probably a size too small."

All I could think about all day long was how great it would be to finally have
this over with. No more wondering how big my feet would be. No more worrying
about how to explain the daily growth of my feet.

* * *

When I turned the corner to my house, there were news crews camped out in my
yard. They quickly surrounded my car, and I had nowhere else to go but into my
driveway.

"Can you explain your unusual foot growth? Have you talked to a doctor? Do you
think you have a pituitary tumor? Have you hit your head? Are you taking
steroids?..."

On and on they asked their questions and photographed my shoes. It was kind of
annoying, but I guess I really enjoyed the attention. One particularly cute
studly reporter asked me to take off my shoes so they could get shots of my
bare feet. I obliged, and someone quickly produced a ruler and placed it on the
ground next to my feet. Then they started putting their own feet next to mine.
How would the media react to my feet once they reached 18 inches?

After all the commotion, I managed to get some of my nightly routine done, and
then I headed to Jason's. What size feet would I be returning home with, I
wondered.

"Okay, have a seat and let's get started."

I took off my shoes and socks and propped up my huge feet in front of Jason.

"Damn you have some fine huge feet."

"All thanks to you man."

"Now this might hurt a little. And I'm not sure how long it will take, or how
much bigger your feet will get. I cast a spell of divining before, but I
haven't gotten an answer yet."

He rubbed some strange-smelling stuff on my feet, spoke some unintelligible
words and made some random gestures with his hands. Immediately I could feel my
feet getting warm. Really warm. In a matter of seconds my feet were burning
hot.

"Damn dude, they hurt! Holy shit! This might hurt A LITTLE!?!?"

Undeterred, he continued his gestures and incantations. The pain was no longer
increasing, but it was still pretty bad.

And then, I could see it. My feet were growing. Visibly getting bigger!

"Oh my God! My feet are growing!"

Jason finished his work, but just as he appeared to relax, he closed his eyes
and froze for several seconds. As he slowly opened his eyes, his expression
turned to fear.

"What is is?" I asked him. His countenance scared me.

"Um, I uh... I got the answers I asked for. Dude, this is really bad."

"Oh man, don't say that. What are you talking about?"

After a deep, slow breath, he continued.

"Well, this growth should take 24 hours and will be done with. Your feet won't
grow any more after that."

"Twenty-four hours?! But look how fast they're growing right now!"

"No, no. That's just a growth spurt in the first minute or so. They'll slow
down soon."

Indeed, they were beginning to slow already, and the pain was lessening. From
the looks of it, my feet had quickly grown an inch in the last minute.

"Okay, so what's the problem?" I was afraid to hear the answer.

"Dude, it's big. Really big."

I could tell Jason was very reluctant to tell me what he knew.

"C'mon, tell me. I can handle it."

Again, a deep breath.

"All right, it's like this. Your feet are going to double in size."

"You mean double the shoe size?"

Jason shook his head.

"No, I mean double the _size_ they were when I finished the spell. The answer
I saw was '30x12'. Dude, this time tomorrow your feet are gonna be 30 inches
long and a foot wide!"

How could this be happening to me? Less than a week ago, I had slightly big but
fairly normal size 14 feet, 11.6 inches long. Now they were an incredibly
beautiful 16 inches long and probably seven inches wide. My formerly flat
arches had deepened considerably, and my feet had metamorphosed into a perfect
form. Every line and curve looked as though it had been sketched by an artist.
My feet now resembled an oversized sculpture of the perfect pair of human feet.

And now I found out that the transformation is barely half over. I'm facing the
prospect of having feet nearly a yard long. And wider than the former length of
my feet. Was it even physically possible for my feet to grow that big? How much
would they weigh?

"This can't be happening! How am I gonna walk with feet that big? How will I
drive a car? Dude, is there anything you can do to make them smaller? A
shrinking spell maybe?"

"I wish there were man, but this change is permanent. I can only make them
bigger, not smaller."

I stared at my feet, trying to imagine them two and a half feet long and a foot
wide. I flexed my toes, imagining how it would feel to have my big toe another
14 inches further from my heels and probably six or seven inches long itself. I
guess I would know soon enough what it feels like.

Three and a half hours later, my feet were definitely feeling heavier, so we
measured them for the first time. Eighteen inches long. The size they would
have eventually stopped at next week if we had left them alone. And they still
had another foot to grow.

"Damn, look at them! By morning, I won't be able to walk."

Jason stayed up with me watching TV. I didn't think I'd be able to sleep, but I
made myself comfortable on the couch and ended up nodding off.

In my dreams, I was a monster with massive, freaky, magical feet. Just the
sight of my feet induced foot growth in other guys, and as their feet grew, so
did mine. The bigger my feet got, the faster the growth in others, and the
faster mine grew. My feet accelerated until they nearly covered the Earth.

I awoke suddenly from the dream. My eyes adjusted, and I glanced at the clock.
Almost three in the morning. I looked down at my feet, afraid of what I would
see. Was the dream a foreshadowing of what would become of me?

My feet _were_ bigger, but no bigger than to be expected at this point. It was
a little more than three hours after the last size check, which meant another
two inches of growth. They should be about 20 inches long now.

I really needed some water, so I stood up and carefully strode across the room
to the kitchen. Walking was awkward now, and it took some concentration to
avoid one foot as I took a step with the other. After my water I turned off the
TV and curled up on the couch again.

Thursday
--------

"Holy shit!"

The shout tore me from my sleep. Jason was standing in front of me, staring at
my feet.

"Holy shit, dude! Your feet are unbelievable!"

"You think so, huh? How do you think I feel?"

"Can you even walk with those? They must be getting pretty heavy."

I flexed my toes several times, and they felt really far away. I lifted my
right leg and raised my foot off the floor, relaxing my ankle and gently
kicking, so that my foot freely dangled. The weight of my foot was quite
apparent as I moved it about, as though I had weights strapped to my ankles. I
put my leg down and tapped my feet on the floor. Even this small motion echoed
through the apartment more like a stomp than a tap. Yes, my feet were entering
the range of truly gargantuan now.

"Yeah, they're pretty heavy now. What time is it?"

"Eight o'clock. Why?"

"Just wondered how big they are. It's been 12 hours, so the growth should be
half over. That means...." I paused for a second, working the math in my head.
"That means my feet should be 22 and a half inches long now, and nine inches
wide."

"Okay, let's check it out."

Jason grabbed the yard stick and laid it down next to my foot. It suddenly hit
me that I could no longer use a ruler to measure my feet; a yard stick was now
required. Damn!

The yard stick confirmed that my feet were indeed 22.5 inches long.

"Go ahead, man. Try to walk."

I stood to my feet and slowly, deliberately, took a few steps. The weight at
the ends of my legs acted like pendulums, swinging my feet forward with little
effort, making it hard to judge how far to step. It was going to take a lot of
work to learn to walk gracefully with these feet, if that were even possible.
And they still had another seven and a half inches to go.

"Man, this is really hard. How the hell am I gonna walk with feet 30 inches
long?"

Jason seems hypnotized by my feet.

"I don't know, but I have to tell you. Your feet are really incredible looking.
To see a man walking around with bare feet that size... I just can't even
describe what an awesome awesome sight that is."

"You really think so?"

"Oh yeah. Your feet have to be the sexist things I've ever seen. They look so
perfectly strong and masculine. Just awesome."

Well, I was glad that _someone_ liked them. Actually, to be honest, I was
really digging having feet this size, and it was just as exciting as it was
scary to imagine having 30-inch feet. I just wasn't sure what kind of life I
was going to have. "Hey Jason, I wonder how much they weigh."

Jason's eyes got really big.

"Yeah! How could we do that?"

"Well, I don't see how we could weigh them, but let's weigh _me_. Last week I
weighed 201 without clothes."

We went into the bedroom, and I started to strip down to my underwear. I had
some difficulty getting my jeans over my feet, but I managed it. The scale was
barely wide enough for one of my feet, and it hung several inches off both
ends. I had to stand with my foot sideways on the scale so my foot didn't cover
the readout.

Jason let out a low whistle as he watched the needle.

"Two thirty-two! Damn! Your feet weigh 31 pounds already!"

"Well actually, I've _gained_ 31 pounds, and if we figure my feet weighed about
two and a half pounds each before, then that means they weigh about 18
pounds each now."

"Holy shit! I wonder how much they're gonna weigh when they reach 30 inches
long!"

"Well, we can estimate. If they double in size in all three dimensions, then
they would be eight times their original volume, which means eight times the
mass if you assume the same density. I'm pretty close to that already. Hey,
give me a calculator."

Jason handed me a calculator, and I punched in a few numbers.

"They should be about seven and a quarter times heavier right now, and..."

I punched in a few more numbers.

"...and 17.3 times heavier when they reach 30 inches. Holy crap Marie! If they
started out weighing two and a half pounds each, they'll be 43 pounds each
tonight! I'll be 81 pounds heavier just because of my feet!!"

* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment